Crown Mountain and the Camel seen from Goat Mountain.
It’s August and we are in prime hiking/ scrambling season. We’ve had a streak of great, hot weather and the snow is as gone as its gonna get from the upper elevation hikes. Here’s a roundup of the local hiking new from the last two months.
1. Hiker airlifted after slip down Grouse Mountain waterfall. @Vancouver Sun
2. Third official access point for West Coast Trail . @Vancouver Sun
3. Deal between North Vancouver, Squamish Nation brings Spirit Trail closer to completion. @Vancouver Sun
4. Grouse Grind: Mountaintop resort profits from a trail paid for by Metro Vancouver taxpayers. @Vancouver Sun
5. West Vancouver’s Whyte Lake to become park. @CBC
6. North Shore Rescue caches robbed 4th time. @VCBC News
7. Hiker who died in Squamish backcountry identified . @The Province
8. Hikers asked to help search for missing British tourist as trails open. @News 1130
9. Grizzly bear captured in Squamish. @Vancouver Sun
10.Two hikers rescued by U.S. Coast Guard on Vancouver Island. @Kiro TV
11. Chilliwack lakes call out for summer hikers. @MJack Christie
12. Hiking the Sea to Summit and Wrinkle Rock Trails. @Outdoor Vancouver
13. 109 Walks In British Columbia’s Lower Mainland Review. @Outdoor Vancouver
14. 4 lost hikers found by North Shore Rescue. @ CBC News