The view at Elfin Lakes early October
It always seems that the summer comes as goes way too fast. While the snow will be shutting us off from the higher elevation hikes and the rain will soon be tormenting us, there are plenty of good hikes that can be done throughout the fall season.
The following are a few of my favorites. Guides are from Outdoor Vancouver and Vancouver Trails.
1. Norvan Falls (North Van)
2. Quarry Rock (Deep Cove)
3. Sendero Diez Vistas (Anmore)
4. Maplewood Flats (North Van)
5. Reifel Bird Sanctuary (Delta)
6. Pacific Spirit Regional Park (Vancouver)
7. Minnekhada Regional Park (PoCo)
8. Alice Lake (Squamish)
Also, here’s a roundup of the recent hiking news.
- Veteran search leader says volunteers need more government help
- Child not injured on Grouse Grind, says school district
- Vancouver Icons: Stawamus Chief
- Rescued Vancouver Island hikers admit: ‘we made a mistake’
- North Shore Search and Rescue against charging recreation fees on outdoor pastimes
- Unprepared hikers saved from ‘heinous’ conditions on North Vancouver’s Mount Seymour